Monday 6 April 2015

The Mindset You Need to be Successful as an Entrepreneur


Here are five ‘mindset shifts’ we probably have to make to increase our chances of success as an entrepreneur.

Some of these are difficult to change because of our very deeply routed conditioning in the past as an employee.

Nonetheless, these best practices from Ryan Clements are still worthwhile to leverage.

  • I had to stop thinking about myself as a wage earner, and instead become a ‘long term investor.’
  • Instead of executing instructions I had to make decisions and create systems.
  • There was no one up the line that I could pass responsibility to. I had to become the backstop.
  • Instead of job security for myself, I had to shift my focus to creating value for others.
  • Instead of avoiding criticism and failure, I had to seek out data and feedback.